For the filling:8 plums, pitted2 tablespoons brandy450 g homemade sausage2 slices smoked bacon, cut200 g edible chestnuts roasted, peeled and chopped1 apple, peeled and choppedjuice and zest of one lemon1/2 teaspoon ground nutmegsalt and freshly ground black pepper1 5-6 kg turkey3 tablespoons melted butterFresh bay leaves, optional10-12 slices bacon, smoked1 onion and 1 carrot, choppedApio 2 stalks, chopped8-12 shallots, Unrefined18 beer sausages
Ingredients for sauce600 ml chicken broth1-2 tablespoons flour100 ml red winePreparation
1. For the filling: In a small bowl, pour boiling water to prune, how to cover them. Leave it for 20 minutes, enough to swell. Drain water, cut the plums, then place them in a large bowl, pouring brandy over. Remove skins bacon sausage and stir meat, chestnuts, apple juice and zest of half a lemon, nutmeg and seasoning.
2. Wash and clean the turkey, then wipe it with kitchen paper. Fill up on the neck, just over half turkey composition. Grab the place where you filled turkey with two metal spikes. Place remaining stuffing in a baking dish, greased with butter and set aside.
Weigh the stuffed turkey. Depending on the weight of a turkey cooking time at 190 degrees, are:
– 4 kg or more: 20 minutes / kg plus another 90 minutes– Less than 4 kg: 20 minutes / kg plus another 70 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Rub lemon left on the turkey. Brush with butter breasts and drumsticks. Season and place over turkey bay leaves, if desired. Place slices of bacon, zigzag over turkey, catching them with food rope. Tie drumsticks all the rope.
4. Place the bird in a roomy pan. Give the oven. After an hour, add onion, carrot, celery and salotele apio in pan, then cover it with aluminum foil. Cook for another 2-2 1/2 hours, checking it every hour. Salotele Remove when ready and leave them aside.
5. Check if the bird is ready to stick one leg with a metal spike. If juicy, then it is ready. If not, cook for 15 minutes then test again. Remove turkey and place it on a plate, cover it with aluminum foil and keeping it in a warm place. Be sure to wait 30 minutes before you cut.
6. Place beer sausages in a pan, along with remaining filling dish, and give the oven for 25-30 minutes.
Place onion, carrot and celery baked in a pan and pour pan juices from the turkey was cooked in a carafe. Allow soup to sit for 10 minutes, then pour the fat into a bowl. Add fat-free broth over vegetables in pan and pour some lemon chicken, then smothered it on low heat for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Crushed with a fork, vegetables in pan. Mix flour and pour the wine into the pan. Simmer until thickened slightly entire composition. Pour it into a sosiera.
Serve turkey with sausage, remaining stuffing, shallots and sauce.
I wish you good appetite